Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A/R Episode 9 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down"

3 posters

Go down

A/R Episode 9 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down" Empty A/R Episode 9 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down"

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:08 pm

This is one of my all-time favourite episodes of the show and probably THE favourite of season 1. Be warned, this post is a bit rambling.

The meeting between Laura and Bill in the beginning is really awkward – understandably so – and although they are not that close at this point in the show, they know each other well enough already to know that the other one is holding something back. And he just can’t say no to her, hehe, because although he clearly doesn’t want to he agrees to be the first one tested (and don’t you dare burst my bubble and tell me that it was just because she was his superior).

When Billy gives Laura his report about Adama’s behaviour, the diagram in the background looks suspiciously like my (failed) attempts at understanding chemistry in school. Need proof? Lookie here: http://black-celebration.net/caps/albums/bsg/tigh/0078.jpg

The scene with Baltar and the blood samples in the lab is one of the best scenes ever. “Is suicide really a sin?” cracks me up every time (not suicide obviously, but the context)

2 thumbs up for Tigh for trying to stop drinking

I do believe there’s an echo in CIC:
- Where’s the old man?
- Not on board.
- Not on board?

- No flight plan.
- No flight plan?
Welcome Captain Obvious (or Colonel in this case Razz)

Why isn’t Bill wearing a flight suit when he’s flying the raptor, dammit?

“I very much would like to meet your wife, Colonel.” Laura, a word of advice: be careful what you wish for!

The dinner scene is hilarious. Ellen flirting with Lee, Laura suspecting Bill, Tigh and Ellen getting drunk and stumbling home. Do I need to say more?

One question that’s been bothering me though: Why doesn’t Ellen know about Zak’s death? I mean, he’s been dead for a while already and I assume Tigh and Ellen have been in contact during the years before the attack on the colonies, even if Tigh has been aboard the Galactica or Valkyrie the whole time.

The scene in the lab is my second favourite scene of the episode. The way the dialogue goes back and forth between all those present is so fast paced, it makes me feel like I’m watching a tennis match. EJO did a great job directing it.
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

A/R Episode 9 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down" Empty Re: A/R Episode 9 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down"

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:46 pm

I've already gave my answer in "nraf", but what I want to add here is that.... well.... the look Saul and Bill gave Laura in the lab is hilarious.....

"She thinks you are a cylon"
"I know"
*Adama-Tigh STARE*

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

A/R Episode 9 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down" Empty Re: A/R Episode 9 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down"

Post  brokencircle Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I love this episode so much! It's probably the only 'fun' episode we have before it goes all dark and depressing on us. The dinner scene is hysterical, as is the giant lab argument.

"That's a thermo-nuclear bomb, for frak's sake." When did Baltar become the voice of reason?!

"You've been visiting my wife?!"
"No! Well, yes, but it's complicated."

I could quote this entire episode. It makes me giggle every time. And even people who I've 'converted' to BSG (tied them to the sofa and forced them to watch it) love the episode even if they don't know what's going on. It's priceless!

One question that’s been bothering me though: Why doesn’t Ellen know about Zak’s death?

There's probably a long and complicated answer to this question that will be skillfully revealed in 4.5. I'm going to go with my answer: She was too drunk and self-involved to even realise that an Adama was missing.

brokencircle

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:31 pm

brokencircle wrote:I love this episode so much! It's probably the only 'fun' episode we have before it goes all dark and depressing on us. The dinner scene is hysterical, as is the giant lab argument.

"That's a thermo-nuclear bomb, for frak's sake." When did Baltar become the voice of reason?!

"You've been visiting my wife?!"
"No! Well, yes, but it's complicated."

I could quote this entire episode. It makes me giggle every time. And even people who I've 'converted' to BSG (tied them to the sofa and forced them to watch it) love the episode even if they don't know what's going on. It's priceless!

We should put these on T-Shirts and everyone who gets the reference is outed as a BSG fan Razz
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down