Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again"

4 posters

Go down

A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again" Empty A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again"

Post  Easterbunnyorc Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:41 pm

This episode picks up nicely where "Act of contrition" left off.
The further the episode progresses, the more obvious it becomes that both for Bill and Lee the search for Kara is a personal and not a military matter. Especially Bill is losing it more and more and grasping at straws when he's giving reasons why they don't abandon the search, e.g. in the discussion with Tigh about Kara's O2 supply. Tigh is the voice of reason in these discussions (cyclops), but Bill of course doesn't want to hear what he has to say. He even goes so far as to put is friendship with Tigh at risk, imo, for instance when he's sending him out of CIC after said O2 discussion.

I love Laura's face when she's one the phone with Bill in the beginning and he's telling her "Frak the odds". For some reason her shocked expression always makes me laugh out loud. But I think even as early as at this point in the search mission does she realize that there's a problem and that Bill is not being rational about the whole situation any longer. When she comes aboard without advance notice, Bill's face shows that he knows he's in trouble now. The following conversation between Laura, Bill and Lee feels to me like a school teacher reprimanding her students, but it's obviously what both men need.
What I find astonishing is that despite their strained relationship, Bill and Lee obviously have enough of a connection left to understand each other without words when Bill decides to call off the search and Lee grabs the phone without any instructions - any word at all - from Bill after Laura left.

Two observations about Kara and the raider:
1. The inside of the raider: yuck!!!
2. When and how did she get her name on that thing?

And finally: in the scene with Laura, Baltar and Head!Six how does Mary manage to remain serious in the background?
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again" Empty You Can't Go Home Again

Post  arial Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 pm

Easterbunnyorc, a million apologies. Sad I watched the first season epis in one sitting; I confused the resolution of Kara's going missing as being in the last epi. I promise, from now on, before I post here, I will go to skiffy and double check the epi summaries (because the tech stuff of going back through the DVDs is too much for my tech-challenged brain!). Again, sorry.

arial

Back to top Go down

A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again" Empty Re: A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again"

Post  Easterbunnyorc Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:09 am

arial wrote:Easterbunnyorc, a million apologies. Sad I watched the first season epis in one sitting; I confused the resolution of Kara's going missing as being in the last epi. I promise, from now on, before I post here, I will go to skiffy and double check the epi summaries (because the tech stuff of going back through the DVDs is too much for my tech-challenged brain!). Again, sorry.

There's no need to apologize. I can never remember episode titles myself, so episode guides are my best friends Very Happy
And it makes sense to discuss "Act of contrition" and "You can't go home again" together since they are so closely linked in the story.
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again" Empty Re: A/R Episode 5 "You can't go home again"

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:43 am

I love how Bill says "It's time to start guessing" Laughing Where is Laura to hear this? Laughing

When Baltar is trying to convince Laura that it is risky to look for Kara and Laura says that Bill has considered all of this, Baltar agrees and repeats "yes, of course he has" and Laura says "mhm" it just makes me laugh :LOL:

I loved how Saul and Laura cooperate :LOL:

And yes, (((Cathy))) the look Laura has after the "frak the odds" comment is priceless :LOL: :LOL:
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:14 am

i frakking love this episode because of the symmetry between it and Sine Qua Non Very Happy

Kara in the raider with the name "Starbuck" taped to the bottom ... i sat there amazed and thought "FRAKKING AWESOME!"
Loved Kara in sickbay with her leg, and when Adama comes in ... sweet stuff!

Tigh's 3 days comment and Laura's "you have 3 minutes" retort, frakking loved it!

i just love looking at this episode in relation to Sine Qua Non. Adama agrees to give up (to let Kara go) because Laura grounds him. He has lots to lose by risking it all on a search for Kara. He goes to the limits, but isn't allowed to break the limits and so agrees reluctantly to move on. Much different to Sine Qua Non where he has a "nothing to lose" attitude, even with a different person trying to ground him, he breaks the limits, prepares to lose it all.

I laughed when Laura scolded Bill and Lee like school children! i love how she remains so business-like and calm, not losing her temper with the Adama men Very Happy and the fact that Adama agrees, that he comes to his senses, just shows how powerful Laura Roslin can be, just her prescence and words can bring a man who has lost his 'daughter' back to his senses.

oh and also : The Six/Roslin/Baltar scene is just so frakking hilarious!!! Laughing i wouldn't be able to keep a straight face if i was MM!
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

https://adamaroslin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:47 am

Airlock wrote:1. i frakking love this episode because of the symmetry between it and Sine Qua Non Very Happy
i just love looking at this episode in relation to Sine Qua Non. Adama agrees to give up (to let Kara go) because Laura grounds him. He has lots to lose by risking it all on a search for Kara. He goes to the limits, but isn't allowed to break the limits and so agrees reluctantly to move on. Much different to Sine Qua Non where he has a "nothing to lose" attitude, even with a different person trying to ground him, he breaks the limits, prepares to lose it all.

2. I laughed when Laura scolded Bill and Lee like school children! i love how she remains so business-like and calm, not losing her temper with the Adama men Very Happy and the fact that Adama agrees, that he comes to his senses, just shows how powerful Laura Roslin can be, just her prescence and words can bring a man who has lost his 'daughter' back to his senses.

1. Oh, yes- I also like to compare the teo episodes and to observe the development in Bill's character...... really great moments sunny

2. ahah- yeah- Bill can be absolutely mad at Laura but he will still listen to her no matter what sunny
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down