Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A/R - Episode 1 - 33

4 posters

Go down

A/R - Episode 1 - 33 Empty A/R - Episode 1 - 33

Post  Phoenix Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:44 am

Ok. Lets see if we can keep this going! I'm not sure how this is going to pan out ... do we have a separate thread for each epiosode?
But anyway, I am putting the challenge out there! Watch 33 and comment back. Enjoy Very Happy
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

A/R - Episode 1 - 33 Empty Re: A/R - Episode 1 - 33

Post  Airlock Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Phoenix wrote:Ok. Lets see if we can keep this going! I'm not sure how this is going to pan out ... do we have a separate thread for each epiosode?
But anyway, I am putting the challenge out there! Watch 33 and comment back. Enjoy Very Happy

woot woot i'll watch it tonight!! Very Happy
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

https://adamaroslin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:00 am

This early into her Presidency, Laura is much more vulnerable. She had yet to harden herself against the pain and fear of feeling responsible for so many lives. She was visibly dismayed when she found out that they had lost 300 people. When she was told that the Olympic Carrier was missing she looked like she was about to cry. And when she gives the command to destroy the Olympic Carrier, her voice just drops, she sort of barks out the "Do it", and you can tell that this is something that she is hating.

It was such a change to see Baltar-the-skeptic again, and it really brings out the irony of where he is now. They really played up the God angle in this episode, with things miraculously falling into place, seemingly determined by how devout a 'believer' Gaius Baltar is at the time. Which begs the question - What could possibly be the point of converting Baltar, of all people, to believe in the one true God? I guess we will have to wait to find out...

I love Tigh in this episode. From giving up his ten minutes to his speech "Yes, we are tired!..." pirat

I like Lee and Kara in this episode. Their exchange by the Viper always makes me laugh. And it was interesting to see Kara being the conscience.. the "No frakking way!" Lee really felt guilty for destroying the Olympic Carrier. I think that it is tempting to say that it was not his decision ... etc, but the truth is that he did have a choice, and feels that guilt just as keenly and Roslin and Adama.

Helo on Caprica! He looked absolutely awful in that rain. It brings back memories of watching for the first time thinking there is no way that he is going to get off that planet alive! Rolling Eyes

Loved Adama's "I always look good".

I think that despite the gravity of the situation ... on the run for days without rest, there is still an element of newness to this... they don't carry the same amount of baggage that they do now. Laura is not at all scary. Lee and Kara were able to joke around. So were Tigh and Adama at the end... what did Tigh say.. ? something about how he it has been ages since he has felt so alive!

And is it just me.. or does this episode make people feel sleepy?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:06 am

I laughed sooo hard when Laura said to Lee :"I think he is enjoying it" with such a voice as if she is revealing some Top secret operation Laughing Laughing Laughing
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Phoenix wrote:This early into her Presidency, Laura is much more vulnerable. She had yet to harden herself against the pain and fear of feeling responsible for so many lives. She was visibly dismayed when she found out that they had lost 300 people. When she was told that the Olympic Carrier was missing she looked like she was about to cry. And when she gives the command to destroy the Olympic Carrier, her voice just drops, she sort of barks out the "Do it", and you can tell that this is something that she is hating.

[...]
I love Tigh in this episode. From giving up his ten minutes to his speech "Yes, we are tired!..." pirat

[...]
Loved Adama's "I always look good".

I think that despite the gravity of the situation ... on the run for days without rest, there is still an element of newness to this... they don't carry the same amount of baggage that they do now. Laura is not at all scary. Lee and Kara were able to joke around. So were Tigh and Adama at the end... what did Tigh say.. ? something about how he it has been ages since he has felt so alive!

And is it just me.. or does this episode make people feel sleepy?

1. Those are the best Laura scenes in the whole episode, imo.
2. I second that!
3. That cracked me up, too!

I'm sorry, but I need to come back to the hair issue again. They definitely have different hair than in the mini. With Laura, it's mainly that she just doesn't have the time to do it, imo, which is only natural, considering they're on the run for their lives. But Bill's hair is definitely longer. How did it manage to grow so fast in only 5 days?

The scene with Laura and Bill on the phone after they realised that they have more than a 33 minute reprieve is sooo cute. The tone of her voice when she asks "Are you there?" *sigh*

But where did Laura get the desk and the chair? Somehow I can't imagine them being standard issue on a colonial transport ship like Colonial One used to be.

And finally: Stubbly!Bill is seeeexy! (Unfortunately, I can't find a cap right now Crying or Very sad )
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:21 am

Easterbunnyorc wrote:I'm sorry, but I need to come back to the hair issue again. They definitely have different hair than in the mini. With Laura, it's mainly that she just doesn't have the time to do it, imo, which is only natural, considering they're on the run for their lives. But Bill's hair is definitely longer. How did it manage to grow so fast in only 5 days?

The scene with Laura and Bill on the phone after they realised that they have more than a 33 minute reprieve is sooo cute. The tone of her voice when she asks "Are you there?" *sigh*

But where did Laura get the desk and the chair? Somehow I can't imagine them being standard issue on a colonial transport ship like Colonial One used to be.

And finally: Stubbly!Bill is seeeexy! (Unfortunately, I can't find a cap right now Crying or Very sad )
Since you brought the hair up. I think that Laura's hair does look very different. Not only has the style changed, but its a different colour! Its even a different colour to what I am used to seeing at the moment; more red I think. As for Bill's, didn't EJO say something about how they wanted to make him look younger...? else how could they show that he's becoming more tired and weary lol.

They probably got the desk out of storage from somewhere. I'm not sure if it would be from Colonial One though. Was it only going to Galactica? In which case there is not much reason for having a desk on board. But there were plenty of ships; I guess one of them was bound to have a desk on it.

Here are some screencaps. They're not the highest quality but hopefully ok!

Stubbly!Bill as requested :
A/R - Episode 1 - 33 33-3

A/R - Episode 1 - 33 33-2

And to make things fair :
A/R - Episode 1 - 33 33Roslin

A/R - Episode 1 - 33 33Roslin3

And cos I miss Billy :
A/R - Episode 1 - 33 33Billy

A/R - Episode 1 - 33 33Billy2
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down