Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The show in general

4 posters

Go down

The show in general Empty The show in general

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:22 pm

I saw there was no thread about the show in general- to discuss the whole episodes, not only the parts with Bill and Laura and since I just saw "Revelations" and needed a place to say:

HOLY FRAK, I JUST LOVE TIGH!!!!!! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

((((((Airlock)))))) dear, hope you are OK since I haven't seen you online in a while
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

The show in general Empty Re: The show in general

Post  Airlock Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:39 pm

my thoughts exactly!! in Revelations TIGH was frakking amazing!! When he was standing in that airlock, just standing there ... brilliant! I also loved Tyrol and Anders when they were arrested, the little smile playing on Tyrol's lips was great!!

who is everyones least favourite character here and why?

I can't really pick and choose a least favourite character because i always change my mind! one minute it is Tory, then i see her in the New Caprica episodes and i can't hate her! Then i think Lee, but then i think of all the good scenes of his, and i can't hate him either. I adore Romo Lampkin, he's brilliant. If i had to pick a least favourite character at this very moment, it is Cavil because i just watched the episode where he boxed D'anna and godsdamnit i like D'anna!! lol

((((LBDL)))) i'm fine, i've just been really busy and with my computer shutting down all the time, it's really annoying! I can't write a paragraph of a story without it shutting down!! *annoyed*

Broken hasn't been on recently due to lack of internet at the moment (she sent me a letter *grins*)
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

https://adamaroslin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The show in general Empty Least Favorite Character

Post  arial Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 am

I have to say, to date in my viewing (mini, seasons 4.0 and 1), I can't stand Ellen Tigh! (I gather Tigh kills her, eventually) I knew this woman who was the wife of an Air Force Colonel and I swear she could have been the model for Ellen Tigh. She made her husband's life miserable with her drinking and "kissing up" to commanding officers. But her husband, also a drinker, loved her even though she was somewhat of a laughing stock around the air base. Felt sorry for him (and for her, too - alcoholism is a disease). Yet she was okay when she wasn't around male officers or drinking. (Ellen served one purpose for me: I loved the "dinner party" and Laura's attitude and actions toward her; it was so funny)

As for the two major self-serving creatures in the show, Tom Zarek creeps me out, but I find a certain humor and pathos in Gaius Baltar.

Surprisingly, I don't dislike any of the cylons that much (except D'anna); I can see where they're coming from, even Cavil.

arial

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Airlock wrote:my thoughts exactly!! in Revelations TIGH was frakking amazing!! When he was standing in that airlock, just standing there ... brilliant! I also loved Tyrol and Anders when they were arrested, the little smile playing on Tyrol's lips was great!!

who is everyones least favourite character here and why?

I can't really pick and choose a least favourite character because i always change my mind! one minute it is Tory, then i see her in the New Caprica episodes and i can't hate her! Then i think Lee, but then i think of all the good scenes of his, and i can't hate him either. I adore Romo Lampkin, he's brilliant. If i had to pick a least favourite character at this very moment, it is Cavil because i just watched the episode where he boxed D'anna and godsdamnit i like D'anna!! lol

((((LBDL)))) i'm fine, i've just been really busy and with my computer shutting down all the time, it's really annoying! I can't write a paragraph of a story without it shutting down!! *annoyed*

Broken hasn't been on recently due to lack of internet at the moment (she sent me a letter *grins*)

((((Airlock)))))) Hope you will make it and just beat the frakking toaster already! It's giving you problems the whole sumer- time for revenge! Laughing Laughing

My least favourite character.......

I also love Tory on New Caprica...... But what she did, she and only she, in Revelations...... I'm just done with this character. I absolutely hate her. Baltar is crazy and funny. Tory is only crazy. And evil. Airlocking innocent people while knowing that the rest of the FF will remain loyal to the human race! And Bill said Laura was becoming bloody-minded. Hm. Guess we have a competition Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:44 pm

arial wrote:I have to say, to date in my viewing (mini, seasons 4.0 and 1), I can't stand Ellen Tigh! (I gather Tigh kills her, eventually) I knew this woman who was the wife of an Air Force Colonel and I swear she could have been the model for Ellen Tigh. She made her husband's life miserable with her drinking and "kissing up" to commanding officers. But her husband, also a drinker, loved her even though she was somewhat of a laughing stock around the air base. Felt sorry for him (and for her, too - alcoholism is a disease). Yet she was okay when she wasn't around male officers or drinking. (Ellen served one purpose for me: I loved the "dinner party" and Laura's attitude and actions toward her; it was so funny)

As for the two major self-serving creatures in the show, Tom Zarek creeps me out, but I find a certain humor and pathos in Gaius Baltar.

Surprisingly, I don't dislike any of the cylons that much (except D'anna); I can see where they're coming from, even Cavil.

I wasn't too fond of Ellen either at the beginning, especially when she lies about Adama going to see her in "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down". After a while, however, and especially at the beginning of season 3, i came to really enjoy her scenes, because some of them were just so funny! I miss Ellen Sad. She kept the show light hearted during seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 it just gets DARK lol.

My favourite scene with Ellen Tigh is definitely where she forgets her drink and goes back for it! Laura's expression, the way she smiles and hands her the bottle, it's just SUPERB! hehe! They clash so well. Would have been fun for Ellen to flirt outrageously with Bill just to see Laura's reaction Wink

Last edited by Airlock on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot the awesomeness of Laura/Ellen at the dinner party!)
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Airlock wrote:
My favourite scene with Ellen Tigh is definitely where she forgets her drink and goes back for it! Laura's expression, the way she smiles and hands her the bottle, it's just SUPERB! hehe! They clash so well. Would have been fun for Ellen to flirt outrageously with Bill just to see Laura's reaction Wink

I've been writing a fanfiction about exactly that- Ellen flirting with Bill in order to annoy Laura- for a couple of weeks.... Maybe I will separate it in chapters because it became too long....
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:54 pm

LaurandBill_destinylove wrote:
Airlock wrote:

I've been writing a fanfiction about exactly that- Ellen flirting with Bill in order to annoy Laura- for a couple of weeks.... Maybe I will separate it in chapters because it became too long....

whoa! the minds of A/R fans are inextricably linked Laughing

i look forward to reading it LBDL!!
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Airlock wrote:
whoa! the minds of A/R fans are inextricably linked Laughing

i look forward to reading it LBDL!!

yeah, really- A/R fans' minds are conected Very Happy

but.... have a nice waiting, dear :LOL: I hardly even manage to sleep what about writing fics.... But maybe I will cut one part and post it in 1st chapter just to show the idea itself.....

(((((Airlock)))))
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Airlock wrote:I wasn't too fond of Ellen either at the beginning, especially when she lies about Adama going to see her in "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down". After a while, however, and especially at the beginning of season 3, i came to really enjoy her scenes, because some of them were just so funny! I miss Ellen Sad. She kept the show light hearted during seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 it just gets DARK lol.

Ellen in season 1 was great fun. But after that... I don't know... she got on my nerves really fast. Which reminds me: did we ever get an explanation for why no one remembers seeing Ellen after the initial attacks on the colonies until she wakes up on... what was the ship called?... Rising Star or something?

My least favourite character? Probably Cally. I don't know why, but she either annoys me or bores me to tears when she shows up. And it looks like the producers/writers didn't really know what to do with her either. I mean, come one, she goes from simple deckhand in the mini and season 1 to a love-struck teenager in season 2, then a mother hen in season 3 and I don't know what in season 4. Couldn't they stick with one personality?
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:09 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:
Airlock wrote:I wasn't too fond of Ellen either at the beginning, especially when she lies about Adama going to see her in "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down". After a while, however, and especially at the beginning of season 3, i came to really enjoy her scenes, because some of them were just so funny! I miss Ellen Sad. She kept the show light hearted during seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 it just gets DARK lol.

Ellen in season 1 was great fun. But after that... I don't know... she got on my nerves really fast. Which reminds me: did we ever get an explanation for why no one remembers seeing Ellen after the initial attacks on the colonies until she wakes up on... what was the ship called?... Rising Star or something?

My least favourite character? Probably Cally. I don't know why, but she either annoys me or bores me to tears when she shows up. And it looks like the producers/writers didn't really know what to do with her either. I mean, come one, she goes from simple deckhand in the mini and season 1 to a love-struck teenager in season 2, then a mother hen in season 3 and I don't know what in season 4. Couldn't they stick with one personality?

There are 12 Cally personalities.
Seven are known.
Four live in secret.
One will be revealed.
The producers don't know what to do with her.
But the writers...
Have a plan. (aaiirrlloocckk her)

i'd like also for them to confirm that Ellen isn't a cylon! i know its definitely improbable that she is a cylon, but the bit where Six asks Baltar what Ellen's test really said and he replied "i'll never tell" is annoying. I know she isn't the last cylon, and that most likely the test said she was human, but WHY would he never tell?? To make suspense in the program and make you think probably, but it still annoys me to have no confirmation!! lol
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Airlock wrote:
There are 12 Cally personalities.
Seven are known.
Four live in secret.
One will be revealed.
But the writers...

i'd like also for them to confirm that Ellen isn't a cylon! i know its definitely improbable that she is a cylon, but the bit where Six asks Baltar what Ellen's test really said and he replied "i'll never tell" is annoying. I know she isn't the last cylon, and that most likely the test said she was human, but WHY would he never tell?? To make suspense in the program and make you think probably, but it still annoys me to have no confirmation!! lol

1. ROFL!
2. I don't think she's a cylon either, but it's still annoying!
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:

1. ROFL!
2. I don't think she's a cylon either, but it's still annoying!

i think Cally was really underused. I figure she could have been alot more interesting if she had a bigger part, instead of just background and then DEAD. I mean the only time she got a big chunk of episode to herself was the same episode she died!

"ok so we know what happens to all of them, but what about Cally?"
"Cally?"
"Yeah, Cally."
".... doesn't ring a bell."
"Cally Tyrol? the girl who married Chief!?"
"Tyrol has a wife!? why didn't i know?!"
"You WROTE their relationship."
"... nope, nothing springs to mind."
"brown hair, sad look in eyes, beaten up by Tyrol."
"... Helo?"
"Cally!"
"i don't frakking know who you're talking about!!"
"fine then! we'll kill her off!"
"frakking right! i don't know her! kill her off!"
"fine!" *writes in Cally getting airlocked* "there! its final!"
"oh i know her now!! Dude! you just killed off Cally?! i loved her!"
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Airlock wrote:

i think Cally was really underused. I figure she could have been alot more interesting if she had a bigger part, instead of just background and then DEAD. I mean the only time she got a big chunk of episode to herself was the same episode she died!

"ok so we know what happens to all of them, but what about Cally?"
"Cally?"
"Yeah, Cally."
".... doesn't ring a bell."
"Cally Tyrol? the girl who married Chief!?"
"Tyrol has a wife!? why didn't i know?!"
"You WROTE their relationship."
"... nope, nothing springs to mind."
"brown hair, sad look in eyes, beaten up by Tyrol."
"... Helo?"
"Cally!"
"i don't frakking know who you're talking about!!"
"fine then! we'll kill her off!"
"frakking right! i don't know her! kill her off!"
"fine!" *writes in Cally getting airlocked* "there! its final!"
"oh i know her now!! Dude! you just killed off Cally?! i loved her!"

LOL!!!

If they had just chosen one personality - whatever that may have been - and stuck with it, it would have been much better. As it is, I was really glad when she died. I think that's the first time that I was actually rooting for Tory (who I normally just ignore and pretend she's Billy Razz)
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:26 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:

LOL!!!

If they had just chosen one personality - whatever that may have been - and stuck with it, it would have been much better. As it is, I was really glad when she died. I think that's the first time that I was actually rooting for Tory (who I normally just ignore and pretend she's Billy Razz)

ahhh i don't know, i think Cally has been pretty persistent all the way through Smile I think the biggest contrast was just how much she had grown up, from the mini series where she hated the jumping of Galactica, up to her death where she was really motherly but depressed Sad

lol i'm always rooting for Tory, i think she's great! i loved her on NC with laura, and even when she was first hired. My liking of her wore off a bit in series 4 with the whole "Nymph Squad & we're perfect" thing, but i still think she is a great character Smile

NO REPLACEMENT TO THE AWESOMENESS OF BILLY HOWEVER. BRING BACK BILLY! MAKE IT ZOMBIE GALACTICA, I DON'T CARE! BRING BACK BILLY! *cough* .... please?
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:31 pm

Airlock wrote:[
lol i'm always rooting for Tory, i think she's great! i loved her on NC with laura, and even when she was first hired. My liking of her wore off a bit in series 4 with the whole "Nymph Squad & we're perfect" thing, but i still think she is a great character Smile

NO REPLACEMENT TO THE AWESOMENESS OF BILLY HOWEVER. BRING BACK BILLY! MAKE IT ZOMBIE GALACTICA, I DON'T CARE! BRING BACK BILLY! *cough* .... please?

Tory on NC was good, but she's just too bossy for me. And the Nymph Squad thing was just blegh! (But it inspired people to a few very good bombs Wink)

I'm nowhere near talented enough with Photoshop or I would try putting Billy's head on Tory for you Razz
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:36 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:

Tory on NC was good, but she's just too bossy for me. And the Nymph Squad thing was just blegh! (But it inspired people to a few very good bombs Wink)

I'm nowhere near talented enough with Photoshop or I would try putting Billy's head on Tory for you Razz

"What is the point of The Nymph Squad and what is Tory's significance in it?" Discuss.

In this essay, i will determine the point and meaning behind the Nymph Squad and also hopefully answer the significance of Tory's scenes within this Squad.

No point, she's frakked up.

To conclude, the evidence weighs heavily towards pointlessness, though this question shall remain unfalsifiable until season 4.5.
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:39 pm

Airlock wrote:
"What is the point of The Nymph Squad and what is Tory's significance in it?" Discuss.

In this essay, i will determine the point and meaning behind the Nymph Squad and also hopefully answer the significance of Tory's scenes within this Squad.

No point, she's frakked up.

To conclude, the evidence weighs heavily towards pointlessness, though this question shall remain unfalsifiable until season 4.5.

I'll give you a straight A for that essay!
Do you think we'll actually get an explanation for Tory's association with the Squad?
Hey, one more question that broken and I can add to the list of questions we want answered in 4.5.
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Airlock wrote:

1. There are 12 Cally personalities.
Seven are known.
Four live in secret.
One will be revealed.
But the writers...

2. i'd like also for them to confirm that Ellen isn't a cylon! i know its definitely improbable that she is a cylon, but the bit where Six asks Baltar what Ellen's test really said and he replied "i'll never tell" is annoying. I know she isn't the last cylon, and that most likely the test said she was human, but WHY would he never tell?? To make suspense in the program and make you think probably, but it still annoys me to have no confirmation!! lol

1. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

2. Yeah, this annoys me too....
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:42 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:

Do you think we'll actually get an explanation for Tory's association with the Squad?
Hey, one more question that broken and I can add to the list of questions we want answered in 4.5.

there's a list? what else is on the list? Very Happy
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:

You really want to know? Laughing Be careful with what you wish....
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Airlock wrote:
Easterbunnyorc wrote:

Actually, I don't remember all of it, you have to ask broken Razz From my end it included demanding an explanation for the head!people, but that's all I really remember for some reason.
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:
Airlock wrote:
Easterbunnyorc wrote:

Actually, I don't remember all of it, you have to ask broken Razz From my end it included demanding an explanation for the head!people, but that's all I really remember for some reason.

that raises an interesting point :

WHO THE FRAK IS HEAD!SIX!? lol thats another thing that is beyond confusing! I think Tricia Helfer has done an amazing job with Six, brilliant acting! I am quite disappointed that Head!Six has disappeared now Sad Maybe she was there to help Baltar realise the One True God? because she disappeared right after the One God Vs Old Gods and Baltar's speech on everyone being perfect! I'd find it frakking hilarious if Six then said "my job here is done" and then flew away ... cape and all Very Happy
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:01 am

Airlock wrote:
that raises an interesting point :

WHO THE FRAK IS HEAD!SIX!? lol thats another thing that is beyond confusing! I think Tricia Helfer has done an amazing job with Six, brilliant acting! I am quite disappointed that Head!Six has disappeared now Sad Maybe she was there to help Baltar realise the One True God? because she disappeared right after the One God Vs Old Gods and Baltar's speech on everyone being perfect! I'd find it frakking hilarious if Six then said "my job here is done" and then flew away ... cape and all Very Happy

1. I agree!
2. I think I read somewhere that in one of the deleted scenes she says goodbye to Baltar. But I haven't seen that scene for myself, so I can't confirm or deny anything.
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:05 am

Easterbunnyorc wrote:

1. I agree!
2. I think I read somewhere that in one of the deleted scenes she says goodbye to Baltar. But I haven't seen that scene for myself, so I can't confirm or deny anything.

what?? no cape??? *reluctantly tears up Super Six doodles*

well there was no deleted scene about that on the UK boxset, maybe the US one will have better luck? I would have thought that a goodbye scene would be important to the show to be honest. It could confuse lots of people that she has suddenly disappeared Smile Natalie! Head!Six! the Six that killed Barolay (awesome Six that one!) all gone *sobs* Mass exodus of the Sixes!! We still have Caprica Six though Very Happy
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:19 am

Airlock wrote:
what?? no cape??? *reluctantly tears up Super Six doodles*

well there was no deleted scene about that on the UK boxset, maybe the US one will have better luck? I would have thought that a goodbye scene would be important to the show to be honest. It could confuse lots of people that she has suddenly disappeared Smile Natalie! Head!Six! the Six that killed Barolay (awesome Six that one!) all gone *sobs* Mass exodus of the Sixes!! We still have Caprica Six though Very Happy

Lookie here: http://io9.com/5060839/7-deleted-scenes-from-galacticas-fourth-season-answer-some-burning-questions for some deleted scenes. Someone posted the link on skiffy. But I don't know which episode they belong to and the sound's quite low, so I can't hear all of what they're saying. (And it's probably quite useless information if your computer doesn't have sound Wink)
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down