Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting to know you

+6
LaurandBill_destinylove
midnightsdaughter47
Garbo
Airlock
DD Agent
Phoenix
10 posters

Go down

Getting to know you Empty Getting to know you

Post  Phoenix Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi, since part of the aim of this forum was to get to know people better I decided to start this topic to do exactly that. This is a topic in which you can feel free to introduce yourself to the world/the forum.

Keep in mind that this is a public forum so theoretically anyone can read this, so no naming family members please.

Anyway .. to start .. Please excuse the rambling nature of my post. Wink

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I am a 19 year old New Zealand European. I started watching BSG in January of 2008 and have been hooked ever since! But sadly I have found no one else to convert Sad. I love music and art and used to be an avid reader. I was completely addicted to LOTR at the age of 10 and this continued right until I reached high school. I played the cello for five years and have travelled overseas with the school orchestra to Melbourne and China, which was awesome Very Happy. I love to sketch and paint. I love problem solving, hate essay writing. I am currently studying Software Engineering at Auckland University. I love the summer, love the beach, love the rain also, but hate it when its overcast. One day I hope to complete a fanvid and or fanfic but I am not very good at finishing things so this will be a challenge. And my family has three cats, so definitely a cat person.

Thats me for now! Look forward to hearing back from everyone else. Very Happy
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Getting to know you Empty Re: Getting to know you

Post  DD Agent Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Hello! My names Kelly, I'm 17 and from Great Britain. I'd been watching BSG on and off since it came on Sky One (my father is an avid watcher) but hadn't really got into it until my friend Emily let me borrow the box sets. Since then its kinda become an addiction. I love writing, whether it be fanfiction or my novel and doing graphics is something I thoroughly enjoy. I plan to go to university and teach, before hopefully retiring and writing full time. My favourite television shows include Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Frasier, Stargate Atlantis and Supernatural. I like going to the cinema, and going for walks with music in my ears. I'm on fanfiction.net as DD Agent, and youtube as SerialKillersAgent.

Very Happy
DD Agent
DD Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Thanks (((Phoenix)))

Hi everyone! My name is Emily and i'm 17 from England! I caught BSG back in 2003 but didn't really follow it and gave up. My dad then came home with them and i turned my nose up at them. I spent a day off school ill and decided "why the hell not?" so i watched some. From the mini-series i just absolutely loved Roslin and Adama, but not in the shippy sense. I loved when they became friends but was really oblivious to it to be honest. Then the Resurrection Kiss happened - and i got smacked over the head with the ship! I loved it!

I love reading and writing fanfiction (mainly A/R). I also love the X-Files (M/S were my first ship). I converted my friend Kelly into an A/R shipper and she in turn converted me into a Sheridan/Delenn shipper Smile

i cannot do anything musically, i can't even whistle. I'm pretty sure i need a bucket to carry a tune. I'm in love with the 50's and adore 50's music, oh and i am slightly obsessed with Elvis (its a healthy obsession though, i swear lol)

I'm not a big fan of essay writing but i have to and i absolutely love the rain Very Happy although i'm scared of storms! I am a dog person for definite!

I TOTALLY LOVE WINTER AND CHRISTMAS!!!!

I think thats about it for now lol oh and i love History (especially ancient, but also russian history) and hope to carry it on!!

Very Happy

Last edited by Airlock on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i forgot the awesomeness of X-mas of course!)
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

https://adamaroslin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Garbo Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:42 pm

Oh my gods I'm so old! What a Face
I am Garbo and I live in Louisiana (like an hour from where Passion Fish was filmed and like 45 minutes from New Orleans). I'm an English nerd and I hope to maybe one day Lord willing hopefully get my act together and get my PhD and teach little peeps about John Donne (or rather... young peeps 'cause like everyone is taller than me). I also love John Milton, but will refrain from absurd metaphysical remarks 'cause they get insane. Wink

I also love horses and by love I'm OBSESSED! My life centers around my horse.

Anndddd....

I don't know when I started watching BSG. Like during season 3 I think. And I had a huge argument with my Mom (who was living with me at the time) about the actress playing Laura Roslin because she said it was the same woman in Dances with Wolves and Passion Fish and I was all "Uh, no." She won that argument. Hehe. And Edward James Olmos is amazing!

I also scheduled myself a 7 a.m. class this semester and I'm like "What the hell was I thinking?!" Shocked

Last edited by Garbo on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Garbo
Garbo

Back to top Go down

Post  midnightsdaughter47 Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey. Woot! I am the youngest yet. My name is Adriana, and I am almost 15. Very Happy I live in the US, Michigan. It's very seasonal here and quite frankly, really frakked up. However, I am not an American citizen....yet. I was born in Ontario, Canada and moved here to join my mom when I was about eight. The history of my moving since then might take too long. LOL! As far as school goes, I love anything except PE. I adore Lake Superior and also love the rain. I wish I had a horse. I have a cat I absolutely adore. I also have two lizards. I want to live in New Zealand because it's so beautiful. I want to go to school in England. I am tone deaf, lol. But, I can play the piano and am self taught, so I am not too good at it yet.

I have been writing since fifth grade and toke a serious interest in it then...and since then, my ultimate dream is to become an author, and hopefully a good one at that. I only have one problem...I'm really bad at finishing things. I hope it's just my age. I have the same name (+plus MD in front of the 47) over at ff.net and I write Alias, House and am working on some BSG (A/R Challenge #3 of course!).

Speaking of BSG....

I became a fan this June of 2008. My mom had been trying to get me to watch it for about a year, but being the stubborn child I am, I never listened, up until June. The first season I couldn't quite delve in to, but I did eventually end up getting obsessed. As you might be able to tell. As far as A/R goes, I used to hate the thought of them being in a "relationship". Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved their friendship and I sitll to this day, envy it so much. I think, much like Emily the kiss hit me over the head and I was going on about it for a few days. So...that's when I became a fan. Smile

Well...I think I've said enough. Very Happy

Last edited by midnightsdaughter47 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
midnightsdaughter47
midnightsdaughter47

http://www.rantontheweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:39 pm

Ah, I love threads like that!

So... what to say....

My name is Milva and I'm from Bulgaria- a country at the end of the world.... Shocked
I'm nearly 18 (without 25 days Very Happy ) and I'm really emotional so I have to warn you that when I sound insulting, I don't mean it, I never mean to hurt people, so if I cross the border, just tell me and I will solve the problem, because i hate leaving things unsolved.

I want to be a professional writer in europe or USA but my English grammar is really poor so if you see some really bad mistake, I will be very grateful if you tell me and will never offend.

I love animals, write/read a lot of poetry/phrose and like living during the night and sleeping during the day.

Love you all, people! flower sunny

Airlock wrote: I loved when they became friends but was really oblivious to it to be honest. Then the Resurrection Kiss happened - and i got smacked over the head with the ship! I loved it!

this is exactly what happened to me! Very Happy
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 pm

Okay, what is there to say about me?

I'm Cathy and I'm not going to tell you how old I am, but (((Garbo))) I'm feeling old too, right now. Let's just say my mental age is way younger than my physical.
I'm from Germany. If I'm not online trying to catch up on my various fandoms I like to read, hang out with my closest friends and go to the cinema. I'm artistically and musically challenged, so I'm stuck with admiring other people's work. Very Happy
I can be rather sarcastic, but I try not to be while I'm online.

I started watching BSG in January 08. Basically, I refused to watch it before then. I dislike anything that has to do with the original show and the new BSG came recommended by a friend's mother - and that is not always a good thing. Once I started watching, I couldn't stop. I don't really know when exactly I became a shipper, but seriously, A/R was so obvious from the beginning Very Happy
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kincaid Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:23 pm

My turn i guess... Very Happy

I'm Hannah and I'm 18, sister of Airlock/Emily, she's the one who got me hooked on BSG, as in turn I got her hooked onto X-Files. We're a sharing family lol. Just finished my A-Levels in Law, Psychology and Sociology and in need of a job!!! So I am hunting them. cat (Forgive the random smilie it's just cute lol I'm easily amused).

Obsessed with Michael Jackson, but again, like my sister, it's healthy... unless I can get to Vegas, then it may become unhealthy bordering stalker lol. And I also enjoy Lisa Marie Presley... her music. In my spare time I like to write fiction, usually short stories but now I'm working on something a bit bigger...

Can't remember when my sis got me hooked (I don't tend to remember much) but I remember having to sit and watch all of them after the film lol. I guess that's enough about me...

xxx

p.s. I like long walks in the rain and pina coladas... *cough* (I am kidding...)
Kincaid
Kincaid

Back to top Go down

Post  twinklelittlestar Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi guys!

My name is Megg and I am 19 years old, living in sunny San Diego, California. I study at San Diego State University where I am pursuing my bachelor's in International Security and Conflict Resolution with an emphasis in Middle Eastern Studies and the Arabic language.

I started watching BSG a few years ago. Honestly, I was bored one day and went to the library and saw that they had the first season. I had heard some things, but pretty much new nothing about it. I don't even really like SciFi. But I tried it out. End of story. I was hooked. It is now the only show I watch religiously. I have been fortunate to have been able to convert my twin sister, my oldest sister and her boyfriend, and my best friend. Though none of whom are A/R frakkers. But hey, I'll take what I can get.

I had no idea I would become a crazy A/R frakker and to this day I'm still not exactly sure when it happened. Usually I'm not into the romantic bits of a storyline, but I think this one snuck up on me. A/R makes me feel soooooooo good inside, it's kinda pathetic. After a really bad day, I just have to watch that ending scene from "The Hub" and then *poof*, all is right with the world. While I'm sure the rest of season 4 will be painful at times, I have no doubt that we will love it. RDM is a total A/R frakker.

I have never really posted on a thread before (Skiffy intimidates me to no end), but I know you guys will understand my obsessive love over A/R. I don't really have any idea what I'm doing...icons? banners? Any advice would be well received and appreciated. Well, I got to get to class, but I think I'm going to really enjoy chatting with you guys! *hugs and kisses*

twinklelittlestar

Back to top Go down

Post  brokencircle Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm

My name is Laura and I am 19 years old (but only for another 8 days). I live in England and studying at university for a degree in Ancient History. Ideally, I'd like to end up working in a museum but I'd like to teach as well.

I am a stereotypical sci-fi geek and love BSG, Stargate, X-Files, etc etc. And I am a dog person rather than a cat person. Cats are too independent for me.

My contributions to the BSG fandom are some really random crack!fics although I do have several hundred normal fics clogging up my hard drive that I will never have the courage to post! I also have some ideas for fan videos but have no idea how to make them so they will have to stay in my head for now.

When it comes to BSG, I was a bit of a snob at first. I assumed that it would be rubbish and completely ignored it but then I watched "Water" by accident and was completely hooked. I am a sucker for the A/R ship and the characters. And, even though it's pretty unlikely, I'm rooting for them to have a happy ending with a cabin!

brokencircle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum