Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SciFI Spoilers

2 posters

Go down

SciFI Spoilers Empty SciFI Spoilers

Post  Cordelia Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:47 am

This is a lovely forum ladies; as has been mentioned, it's very cordial. None of the infighting that seems to dominate so many of the other speculative threads.

I'm wondering if anyone has been watching the clues which SciFi has been posting on their website every couple of days or so? They have recently removed Laura from The Last Supper picture. This had two effects for me: 1) It broke my heart and 2) It made me think Ron Moore might have been lying about the Last Supper clue he gave last year...

I'm writing a thesis on Laura's character which hinges on her characterization and if they make her a cylon, not only will I be brokenhearted, but my argument will also suffer great damage. I think it would be emotionally resonant enough to make her a Cylon, but it goes against more or less everything her character has represented thus far. Food for thought: Pythia was the high priestess at Delphi. She was a medium between the Gods and humanity. Given that Laura is supposed to be "Pythia" reincarnated, I think it'd be difficult to make her a cylon. But what do I know? I'm just another emotionally involved fan....Dear Gods, Ron Moore, just give Mary some decent screen time and don't torture her for too long...

*Sigh* I'm absolutely enamored with Laura's character because I think it's such a fantastic character to have on mainstream television. Not to mention that Mary McDonnell is probably one of the more gifted screen actresses working today. Hopefully she'll find a lead role somewhere with equally pithy material....

On another, unrelated note, thank you to the poster who put up the photos of the Cast scrapbook! That was very generous. I'm wondering if at some point, when spoilers are no longer a problem, you could post Mary McDonnell's page in the book; I'm dying to know what she thought of working around so many men for so long. (She says somewhere in another interview that she had many "heated discussions" with RM and DE about the recurrent cliche of the "schoolmarm." They actually stopped answering her emails...)

Thanks for creating this forum!

Last edited by Cordelia on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cordelia

Back to top Go down

SciFI Spoilers Empty Re: SciFI Spoilers

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Welcome Cordelia and good luck with the thesis!
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down