Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conventions

+2
Airlock
brokencircle
6 posters

Go down

Conventions Empty Conventions

Post  brokencircle Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 am

I thought I'd set up a topic about conventions. I know there are a couple of big ones coming up. I'm not great at keeping up with the American ones, so maybe someone else could help with that?

The London Expo is at the end of October and Michael Hogan is going to that one.

Starfury is in London in December and the guests are: Tamoh Penikett, Michelle Forbes, James Callis, Stephanie Jacobson, Nicki Clyne, Leah Cairns and "a surprise guest"

The big one is the SciFi Ball in Bournemouth. It's not until February but Mary McDonnell is going to be there!!!

I'm planning to go to all three of them here in England. No, I'm not rich, just obsessive!

Is anyone else going to them? We could maybe meet up and have a frakkers gathering or something.

brokencircle

Back to top Go down

Conventions Empty Re: Conventions

Post  Airlock Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:16 am

I could never afford all of those *shakes head* but i hope to go to the Bournemouth one!! *glares at sister* isn't that right Hannah!??!?!?!

Very Happy I wanna see Mary McDonnell!!!!
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

https://adamaroslin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:14 am

Starfury seems to have some interesting guest, but I can't get off work then Sad

I'm tempted to go to Bournemouth, but I don't know yet if I can afford it. But I wanna see Mary too! (Not to mention that it would be awesome to meet some of you guys in person)

As usual, Fedcon will take place in Bonn next year (1-3 May). So far the guests include Katee Sackhoff, Aaron Douglas, Nana Visitor and Kate Vernon. I might actually have to go next year Very Happy
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:27 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:Starfury seems to have some interesting guest, but I can't get off work then Sad

I'm tempted to go to Bournemouth, but I don't know yet if I can afford it. But I wanna see Mary too! (Not to mention that it would be awesome to meet some of you guys in person)

As usual, Fedcon will take place in Bonn next year (1-3 May). So far the guests include Katee Sackhoff, Aaron Douglas, Nana Visitor and Kate Vernon. I might actually have to go next year Very Happy

I am going to Starfury and it looks really good. I have my tickets and they sent a rough guide for the event which seems packed. You get free autographs for one BSG official item per star and you can pay for a photo to be autographed (you get the photo free anyway and you dont have to get it autographed if you dont want).
You can have your pictures with the stars and they mingle with the guests at the parties. Weekend ticket is £78. Smile

Bournemouth is a small personal event and tickets are not in huge numbers so hurry if you are going.
Tickets range from £15 for a day pass - £300 for a weekend ticket. Mary is there for both days. bounce

London ExPo is very busy and the queue is huge so get there early if you want an autograph as they sell out. Tickets £13.

Jamie Bamber is at Milton Keynes Collectormania 14 Fri 26th-Sun 28th Sept which is free to get in but if you want an autograph, get there early and queue outside the shopping centre at the designated door. Autographs £10-£25.

Fedcon sounds really good and I would like to go that. When do tickets go on sale and how much? Very Happy
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:48 pm

AdamaAdorer100 wrote:
I am going to Starfury and it looks really good. I have my tickets and they sent a rough guide for the event which seems packed. You get free autographs for one BSG official item per star and you can pay for a photo to be autographed (you get the photo free anyway and you dont have to get it autographed if you dont want).
You can have your pictures with the stars and they mingle with the guests at the parties. Weekend ticket is £78. Smile

Bournemouth is a small personal event and tickets are not in huge numbers so hurry if you are going.
Tickets range from £15 for a day pass - £300 for a weekend ticket. Mary is there for both days. bounce

London ExPo is very busy and the queue is huge so get there early if you want an autograph as they sell out. Tickets £13.

Jamie Bamber is at Milton Keynes Collectormania 14 Fri 26th-Sun 28th Sept which is free to get in but if you want an autograph, get there early and queue outside the shopping centre at the designated door. Autographs £10-£25.

Fedcon sounds really good and I would like to go that. When do tickets go on sale and how much? Very Happy

I think you can already order 3-day-tickets at 99 Euros. One day tickets will become available about 2 or 3 months before the con, don't know the price though.
Further info at www.fedcon.de (also available in English.)
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:06 am

Airlock wrote:I could never afford all of those *shakes head* but i hope to go to the Bournemouth one!! *glares at sister* isn't that right Hannah!??!?!?!

Very Happy I wanna see Mary McDonnell!!!!

That would be so awesome to go! And I would very much like to meet you all! But it would also cost me so much money that it is not even remotely funny. Sad *thinks about it* Not sure if I can really justify spending thousands on a convention! Shocked But for all us people that can't go... Photos! Reports! They are our lifeline. Smile Maybe we could pay for a signed photo or something? Any ideas?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:04 pm

Phoenix wrote:
That would be so awesome to go! And I would very much like to meet you all! But it would also cost me so much money that it is not even remotely funny. Sad *thinks about it* Not sure if I can really justify spending thousands on a convention! Shocked But for all us people that can't go... Photos! Reports! They are our lifeline. Smile Maybe we could pay for a signed photo or something? Any ideas?

I think that posting photos and reports is a great idea. I think it would be nice to post copies of any autographs we have managed to get as well. It is a great idea to get any of us to get signed photos for those who can't go. Who's do you want, baring in mind that they will cost about £15-£20 each plus postage. Let me know! sunny
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:04 pm

AdamaAdorer100 wrote:
I think that posting photos and reports is a great idea. I think it would be nice to post copies of any autographs we have managed to get as well. It is a great idea to get any of us to get signed photos for those who can't go. Who's do you want, baring in mind that they will cost about £15-£20 each plus postage. Let me know! sunny

Who is going? I think that if someone could get Mary's autograph would be nice! It is still a lot of money you are right... (£15-£20 is like NZ$30-$40) but it is WAY less than travelling there! So definitely worth thinking about. And a definite yes to photos and reports, although I am wondering if it will be easier just to post these online?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:
I think you can already order 3-day-tickets at 99 Euros. One day tickets will become available about 2 or 3 months before the con, don't know the price though.

Well, I went on the site and pulled up the English version to look up tickets. It really is a crazy page as it asks you to register and asks for credit card details to buy tickets but it doesnt ask you how many you want. I have not heard a thing back from them so who knows what is going on. Somehow, I dont think I will get tickets as the web site is totally crazy. confused

When you register, the site is in English but the auto reply is in German! I am guessing it says thanks for registering but that is all. They are supposed to get back to you confirming your ticket?s but so far zilch! Very frustrating indeed. No
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:12 pm

AdamaAdorer100 wrote:
Easterbunnyorc wrote:

Well, I went on the site and pulled up the English version to look up tickets. It really is a crazy page as it asks you to register and asks for credit card details to buy tickets but it doesnt ask you how many you want. I have not heard a thing back from them so who knows what is going on. Somehow, I dont think I will get tickets as the web site is totally crazy. confused

When you register, the site is in English but the auto reply is in German! I am guessing it says thanks for registering but that is all. They are supposed to get back to you confirming your ticket?s but so far zilch! Very frustrating indeed. No

I'm guessing you can only order one ticket per person, so they wouldn't need to ask how many you want to order. *shrug* But I'm not really sure.
If you want to, you can PM me their auto reply and I'll try to translate it for you.
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks Easterbunnyorc, for your help with this matter.

I have emailed them again and told them basically to forget it and that their web site sucks big time. As much as I would like to go, I cant be bothered with the rubbish customer service from the people running it. I have never come across a site like it for this type of thing. affraid

Oh well never mind!!
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Post  Garbo Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:11 am

I would love to go to a Con, but seeing as I am poor and jobless, I don't see it happening. I really want to go to Bournemouth (for multiple reasons), but eh, sad to say it ain't gonna happen.
Garbo
Garbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:06 am

Garbo wrote:I would love to go to a Con, but seeing as I am poor and jobless, I don't see it happening. I really want to go to Bournemouth (for multiple reasons), but eh, sad to say it ain't gonna happen.
((((Amanda)))) It ain't gonna happen to me either! Are there any volunteers from people that are going to write reports and take pics? Very Happy
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Garbo wrote:I would love to go to a Con, but seeing as I am poor and jobless, I don't see it happening. I really want to go to Bournemouth (for multiple reasons), but eh, sad to say it ain't gonna happen.
((((Amanda)))) It ain't gonna happen to me either! Are there any volunteers from people that are going to write reports and take pics? Very Happy

Hi, Guys.

I am going to Bournemouth and rest assured, I will post all reports and photos here for you. I will also post a report for Starfury. If you want Mary's autographed photo, let me know and I will get you both one each. We can sort out the details over the next few months, obviously, I can only get so many as you are limited to how many you can have. PM me if you want more info. I don't mind helping if I can. If you can't go to Mary, I will bring her to you, well sort of anyway! Wink
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:27 pm

AdamaAdorer100 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Hi, Guys.

I am going to Bournemouth and rest assured, I will post all reports and photos here for you. I will also post a report for Starfury. If you want Mary's autographed photo, let me know and I will get you both one each. We can sort out the details over the next few months, obviously, I can only get so many as you are limited to how many you can have. PM me if you want more info. I don't mind helping if I can. If you can't go to Mary, I will bring her to you, well sort of anyway! Wink

I'm not sure yet if I will be going to Bournemouth, but if I do, of course there will be reports and photos Very Happy
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Garbo Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:41 am

AdamaAdorer100 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Hi, Guys.

Are you serious? Oh I would totally appreciate that!!! Wow. Very Happy
Garbo
Garbo

Back to top Go down

Post  brokencircle Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:39 am

I'm going to the cons as well so I can try and take photos (If I can make my hands stop shaking for long enough!) and post reports.

With regards to Bournemouth, I don't know how many signed items per person we're allowed but I can try and grab some extra ones for people if they want them?

Easter, you are going to Bournemouth. I'm making you go. Very Happy

brokencircle

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Great news for Milton Keynes Collectormania 14, Mark (Romo Lampkin) Sheppard is now appearing with Jamie Bamber! Very pleased about that one. I wonder if the cat will make an appearance!
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Conventions Empty EJO in Bonn

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:52 pm

I thought you might like to know: Fedcon has just added Edward James Olmos to their guest list for the next Fedcon in Bonn in May 2009
http://fedcon.de/pages_en/fed18/guests.php
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Conventions Empty STARFURY

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Hey guys. I know I have been away a while..... Just been too hectic of late.
Anyways, I got to go to Starfury and wow, I was blown away. There were 7 guests, Katee Sackoff, James Callis, Tamoh Penikett, Michelle Forbes, Mark Shepperd, Nikki Clyne and Jennifer Halley. It was awesome. We were one of the first 160 tickets so we got the meet and greet! We all sat around tables and each star came and sat right at your table and chatted to you personally! James Callis sat right next to me, I couldnt believe it!
He is def gorgeous in the flesh......and really funny! They were all so nice. Michelle and Tamoh flew in the next day so they were very tired but so gracious and very generous to the fans. I met them all and chatted during the autograph signings and I had my picture taken with James. The talks were fantastic and they were great fun to listen too. I loved Mark and James especially as they are really funny together. Nikki and Jennifer were in stitches most of the time. Michelle is a great lady to meet in person. She has a wonderful personality and is so switched on to English humor.

It was the best thing I have ever done and well worth every penny. It was frakking freezing in London though..........
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:20 am

AdamaAdorer100 wrote:Hey guys. I know I have been away a while..... Just been too hectic of late.
Anyways, I got to go to Starfury and wow, I was blown away. There were 7 guests, Katee Sackoff, James Callis, Tamoh Penikett, Michelle Forbes, Mark Shepperd, Nikki Clyne and Jennifer Halley. It was awesome. We were one of the first 160 tickets so we got the meet and greet! We all sat around tables and each star came and sat right at your table and chatted to you personally! James Callis sat right next to me, I couldnt believe it!
He is def gorgeous in the flesh......and really funny! They were all so nice. Michelle and Tamoh flew in the next day so they were very tired but so gracious and very generous to the fans. I met them all and chatted during the autograph signings and I had my picture taken with James. The talks were fantastic and they were great fun to listen too. I loved Mark and James especially as they are really funny together. Nikki and Jennifer were in stitches most of the time. Michelle is a great lady to meet in person. She has a wonderful personality and is so switched on to English humor.

It was the best thing I have ever done and well worth every penny. It was frakking freezing in London though..........

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:25 pm

AdamaAdorer100 wrote:Hey guys. I know I have been away a while..... Just been too hectic of late.

Wow. *is jealous* I'm glad you had a great time. Very Happy Is there any chance we might be able to see some pics?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Conventions Empty STARFURY

Post  AdamaAdorer100 Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Wow. *is jealous* I'm glad you had a great time. Very Happy Is there any chance we might be able to see some pics?

I have some photos but they are not brilliant as photography was very limited and my camera didnt have a good enough zoom. I will sort through the best and post them soon.... You were not allowed to take photos when they were 'off duty' so to speak.
AdamaAdorer100
AdamaAdorer100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum