Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Do You Like Laura Roslin?

4 posters

Go down

Why Do You Like Laura Roslin? Empty Why Do You Like Laura Roslin?

Post  Phoenix Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:22 pm

I liked Laura from the start for so many very complicated reasons. I liked seeing her as president, but not the sterotypical boring and corrupted old white guy, but as someone genuine, who was both vulnerable and human, yet at the same time, had an air of command about her that made me trust her judgement.

I did not find out about her cancer till Water because I hadn't seen the miniseries. I am lucky that during my lifetime I have not been affected by the death of those close to me. So I was lucky that it doesn't stir up any painful memories for me. But it does make me feel very protective of her.

I really knew I liked her by the time the Kobol arc arrived. I find the Dying Leader concept fascinating. Maybe not the actual dying part but what it has meant for Laura - how it has challenged her, and in a selfish way, how it has made her special - who is this person that God/the gods/someone would send her dreams and visions and what do they mean?
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Why Do You Like Laura Roslin? Empty Re: Why Do You Like Laura Roslin?

Post  Airlock Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:I liked Laura from the start for so many very complicated reasons. I liked seeing her as president, but not the sterotypical boring and corrupted old white guy, but as someone genuine, who was both vulnerable and human, yet at the same time, had an air of command about her that made me trust her judgement.

I did not find out about her cancer till Water because I hadn't seen the miniseries. I am lucky that during my lifetime I have not been affected by the death of those close to me. So I was lucky that it doesn't stir up any painful memories for me. But it does make me feel very protective of her.

I really knew I liked her by the time the Kobol arc arrived. I find the Dying Leader concept fascinating. Maybe not the actual dying part but what it has meant for Laura - how it has challenged her, and in a selfish way, how it has made her special - who is this person that God/the gods/someone would send her dreams and visions and what do they mean?

I liked Laura Roslin because she breaks conventions i think. She's strong and independent, holding the weight of the fleet on her shoulders and having to step up to a job she'd never probably dreamed of, all the while suffering from a wasting disease. I liked her because she stood up to the military, clashed with Adama and didn't cower from him. She is soft but with the steely edge, that and the fact that her and Adama are just so sweet together, hehe!

I loved the Dying Leader thing (obviously not the "her dying" part) how she fully accepts the role and accepts her fate, knowing that she is going to die for the fleet. She's selfless in that respect.

Another reason i like Laura Roslin is because she is complex. She has that darker side to her, which i admit i do like seeing. I mean, ripping off Baltar's bandage, intent on killing him through hatred, because of what she and others had suffered, pretty dark and made her all the more realistic and likeable. She's not this saint up on a pedestal. She's a real character, with flaws and thats another reason why i like her Very Happy
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

https://adamaroslin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Airlock wrote:I liked Laura Roslin because she breaks conventions i think. She's strong and independent, holding the weight of the fleet on her shoulders and having to step up to a job she'd never probably dreamed of, all the while suffering from a wasting disease. I liked her because she stood up to the military, clashed with Adama and didn't cower from him. She is soft but with the steely edge, that and the fact that her and Adama are just so sweet together, hehe!

I loved the Dying Leader thing (obviously not the "her dying" part) how she fully accepts the role and accepts her fate, knowing that she is going to die for the fleet. She's selfless in that respect.

Another reason i like Laura Roslin is because she is complex. She has that darker side to her, which i admit i do like seeing. I mean, ripping off Baltar's bandage, intent on killing him through hatred, because of what she and others had suffered, pretty dark and made her all the more realistic and likeable. She's not this saint up on a pedestal. She's a real character, with flaws and thats another reason why i like her Very Happy

They were really lucky to have her. I just love how in the miniseries, before she is President, she just takes command; it says so much about her. Then when she went on to accept the Presidency, she did so wholeheartedly. In 33, at the beginning of her journey, she was already acutely aware of their lives in her hands and felt all the deaths keenly. But she did more than care about the fleet, she had so much work to do that we never really got to see. There's the technical aspect of her job, that not just anyone could do, and she handled it so well.

The selflessness really gets me, because I have to admit that I am a complete sucker for that kind of thing. I just have a lot of respect for people that put others before themselves.

And word on the complexity! I love it!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  RoslinAdamaJunkie Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:37 am

Well the thing I love about Roslin is not that she works opposite Adama but the fact that she is strong enough to hold her own. Her having Adama makes her even better.

RoslinAdamaJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:06 am

No, I'm not going to write why I like Laura, because I actualy don't like her. I ADORE her!!!!!!!! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Just wanted to say "hi" to my dear ((((((((((((((Ares)))))))))))) I gave her the adress of the forum and we both were so happy about the idea of having not just one topic or thread devoted to Bill and Laura, but an entire forum!!!!! Have I ever said that I love you, Airlock? Very Happy
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Airlock Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 pm

LaurandBill_destinylove wrote:No, I'm not going to write why I like Laura, because I actualy don't like her. I ADORE her!!!!!!!! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Just wanted to say "hi" to my dear ((((((((((((((Ares)))))))))))) I gave her the adress of the forum and we both were so happy about the idea of having not just one topic or thread devoted to Bill and Laura, but an entire forum!!!!! Have I ever said that I love you, Airlock? Very Happy

Alas LBDL, i cannot take credit for the idea of creating a forum deicated to Bill and Laura! Very Happy all of the credit goes to Garbo for the idea and to Easter, as she created an LJ community on it also Very Happy gotta love 'em cyclops
Airlock
Airlock
Admin

https://adamaroslin.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurandBill_destinylove Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Airlock wrote:

Alas LBDL, i cannot take credit for the idea of creating a forum deicated to Bill and Laura! Very Happy all of the credit goes to Garbo for the idea and to Easter, as she created an LJ community on it also Very Happy gotta love 'em cyclops

A compromise: I love all the three of you! sunny
LaurandBill_destinylove
LaurandBill_destinylove

http://laurandbillever.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down