Adama&Roslin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Passion Fish

3 posters

Go down

Passion Fish Empty Passion Fish

Post  Garbo Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 am

This is my other favourite Mary movie (aside from DWW) as well as being one of my favourites. I actually live near where it was filmed so there is also that sentimentality with it (again, I'm from North Dakota, not Louisiana, but it's nice here).

*gets the ball rolling*

Discuss, chiquitas!
Garbo
Garbo

Back to top Go down

Passion Fish Empty Re: Passion Fish

Post  Phoenix Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:01 pm

It arrived in the mail today. Very Happy I look forward to watching it soon and posting my thoughts!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:23 pm

Phoenix wrote:It arrived in the mail today. Very Happy I look forward to watching it soon and posting my thoughts!

(((Phoenix))) We are soooo related. Mine arrived today too, but I haven't watched it yet.
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Easterbunnyorc wrote:
Phoenix wrote:It arrived in the mail today. Very Happy I look forward to watching it soon and posting my thoughts!

(((Phoenix))) We are soooo related. Mine arrived today too, but I haven't watched it yet.
((((Easterbunnyorc))))
Ok. So I watched it today and I have to say to Garbo, you were right - I thoroughly enjoyed it! I have come to BSG (and Mary lol) from a scifi background ie, from Stargate and Doctor Who and it got me thinking that I should really try to watch more films like it. If anyone has any recommendations? Smile I really need a rewatch before I have any really coherent thoughts, but here were some of my initial reactions. Didn't mind the swearing despite growing up in a non-swearing environment... maybe forewarned is forarmed...? but i think that it was more to do with being desensitised by BSG and all its fraks! Loved Mary and loved her character too. I was unsure from what I had read in the description... she sounded like she might be quite a bitch but I found her character sympathetic despite her flaws. OMG the nurses at the beginning were a crack up! All those issues! And what was worse was that she couldn't just leave! Then when those two ladies came to talk and it was so awkward ... Very Happy More thoughts to come later but I have to go to bed now!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Easterbunnyorc Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:14 pm

I finally managed to watch it. Go me! (Okay, I attempted watching it on German TV once, but all the commercial breaks and the German dubbing annoyed me, so that doesn't count Wink)

Garbo, it really is a great recommendation. But I must admit, I can't tell you what I specifically liked about it, I guess it's just the combination of great acting not only on Mary's part, the story and realisation of the whole movie.

I wasn't particularly shocked by the swearing on Mary's part, but then again, I have a tendency to cuss like a sailor in certain situations, so... *shrug*

The nurses in the beginning were hilarious. "Show me what you need in the bedroom" cracked me up. And the story of the daytime soap was really... strange...

(((Phoenix))) looks like I'm not much more coherent than you after watching it once Wink
Easterbunnyorc
Easterbunnyorc

http://www.beyondharrypotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Garbo Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:13 am

(((Cathy))) (((Phoenix)))

I'm so glad you girls liked it!!! The movie is absolutely wonderful and I think it's a combination of the acting, the story, the realism, directing, and just general flavour of the film. It depicts Louisiana so beautifully as well.
Garbo
Garbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum